CAREERS: WHOLESALE SHIPPING AND HANDLING ASSISTANT
Job Description: Wholesale Shipping and Handling Assistant
Location: West Hollywood, CA
WHOLESALE SHIPPING & HANDLING ASSISTANT: This role is responsible for handling all wholesale shipping and receiving directed from the shipping and handling manager. You will be responsible for fulfilling all incoming and outgoing inventory, while working alongside the shipping and handling manager to ensure order fulfillment is organized, accurate, and on time.
- Responsible for all inventory receiving.
- Works with the Wholesale departments to issue pick tickets for our store and wholesale accounts.
- Works closely with Wholesale Shipping Manager to ensure wholesale orders are shipped accurately, before the cancel date and at the most economical rate.
- Creates shipping documents for domestic and international shipments.
- Responsible for ongoing replenishment of all shipping supplies and packing materials from company vendors to ensure we are fully stocked at all times. Understands lead time requirements to avoid expedited shipping costs. Negotiates best price for supplies and materials based on volume.
- Creates processes to ensure better inventory accuracy and inventory control.
- Responsible for keeping warehouse organized, clean and maintained.
- Establishes necessary processes for inventory control
- Oversees bi-annual physical inventory. Also conducts cycle counts throughout the year.
- During high volume order periods, assisting with e-commerce needs to ensure orders are picked and packed accurately and on time, that the labeling is accurate and all documents are provided.
- Energetic, confident, and adaptable personality
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proactive & seeks creative solutions to challenges
- Prioritizes workload to maximize efficiency
- Organized & detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic & excellent time management skills
- Great written & verbal communication skills
- Strong resolution and decision-making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; excel & basic email management skills required
- Experienced with UPS & DHL shipping, both domestic and international preferred
- Familiarity with warehouse receiving and fulfillment
- Physical requirements: lift /carry/move 40 lbs. minimum including fixtures and product
All qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.